How to access iCloud photos on your Apple devices or through iCloud’s websiteSeptember 20, 2020
- Apple’s iCloud service syncs all of the photos you take on your iPhone or iPad so that your images are always accessible from any device and the iCloud website.
- To access iCloud photos from anywhere, turn the syncing feature on through the Settings app on each of your Apple devices.
- Once enabled, you can access all your photos in the Photos app of your iPhone and iPad, or through the iCloud website’s Photos page.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you have one or more iOS devices, you probably appreciate that everything is connected via iCloud.
Any photos you take on your iPhone, for example, can be automatically synced everywhere. That means you can take a photo on your phone and see it minutes later on your iPad or the iCloud website.
This iCloud Photos feature should work automatically, though you may need to make sure it is turned on. If iCloud Photos won’t turn on with your device, you may have no free storage space on the iCloud left.
To check, open your device’s Settings app, tap your account name, and then select “iCloud.” You should see a graph at the top of the screen showing how your iCloud storage is being used. If it’s full, you can tap “Manage Storage” to free up some space or change your storage plan.
If you’re ready to sync your iCloud photos across devices, here’s how to enable and access the feature.
How to turn on iCloud Photos on an iPhone or iPad
1. On your iPhone or iPad device, open the Settings app.
2. Tap “Photos.”
3. Turn on iCloud Photos by swiping the button to the right if it’s not already enabled.
4. Repeat that process for every device you want to sync with iCloud.
How to access iCloud photos on an iPhone or iPad
1. On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Photos app.
2. You should see all the photos taken on either your iPhone or iPad and stored on iCloud.
3. Use the “Albums” button at the bottom of the screen to browse your photos by album and category. You can also tap “Search” to find photos by keyword, location, or time period.
How to access iCloud photos on the iCloud website
1. Open iCloud.com in a web browser.
2. Login to the service with your Apple ID if needed.
3. Click “Photos.”
4. You should see all your photos taken on all your iOS and iPadOS devices.
5. Use the navigation pane on the left side of the web page to search, browse, and filter your photos.