HostGator Review – Is it Trustworthy and Fast Web Hosting? Read This Before Signing UpSeptember 25, 2020
New York, NY ( TS Newswire ) — 25 Sep 2020
This is one of the most used and loved web hosting providers in the world. Most people use HostGator to set up their WordPress account using the WordPress HostGator plan.
This web provider supports and holds you throughout your journey and gives an awful lot of freebies and extras. If you are still undecided about whether HostGator is the web hosting platform for you, read on to know more to be able to make the right decision-
Who is HostGator?
It is a popular web hosting provider, especially in the US. It hosts about 10 million domain names currently. This is a huge number and it is this which makes HostGator one of the biggest hosting providers globally. The company was founded about 16 years back, of which the first ten years were spent on just building a solid reputation as a reliable host. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster for HostGator since then. It has managed many ups and downs and has been able to improve upon its services.
Today, while their standard shared hosting is not that hot really, their newer Cloud packages have put HostGator in the top 10 website hosting companies. This platform promises amazing speed while being easily scalable and also capable of effortless resource allocation. These make all the difference to facilitate your account and site management, as you know.
==> Read More Here: Don’t Miss Out Today’s Special Offer <==
As many as 11 well-known web hosting companies have ranked HostGator as:
– Number 1 in reliability
– Between 8.5/10 in pricing
– Between 8/10 in support
– Between 8.2/10 in features and ease of use
– Number 10 in front-end and back-end speed
Uptime, quality support and speed- these three big ones can make or break a hosting provider.
Here’s a quick scan of HostGator’s performance, keeping in mind these big three-
1. Uptime- HostGator has more than just good uptime at 99.99%. This is the most important factor to consider when you are choosing a website host provider. Some people think it’s the speed. But, they are wrong. If your website’s speed is slow, it may still work; but if it’s offline, then you are doomed.
HostGator’s uptime is excellent. It also has a 99.9% uptime guarantee. It also promises to host your website for free if this service-level agreement is breached.
The Cloud HostGator, the upgraded version of the standard shared HostGator platform, has excellent uptime. It is an extremely reliable host.
2. Average loading speed
The time that your website takes to load, also called loading speed is absolutely critical to a successful online business.
The stats say that any site that takes more than four seconds to load is abandoned by 74 percent of the users. If you happen to be an eCommerce business with a sluggish website, your customers will not only abandon your site but will rarely visit again.
You need a speedy hosting solution, which HostGator absolutely is. It clocks in the fastest times in both TTFB or’ time to first byte’ and the time it takes for a site to be loaded fully. It has fast servers that should be a great relief to you.
3. Excellent support
You can reach out by emailing, chatting, calling the HostGator’s customer care. It’s a multichannel support.
Their 24/7 customer support is among the best in the industry too.
Click Here to Buy HostGator For a Special Discounted Price Today
The Pros Of HostGator
1. Adding and removing resources easy
The Cloud hosting services setup is slightly expensive but totally worth it.
It allows you to allocate resources quickly and get additional resources with a click of a button.
This means that you can make your site more responsive by increasing its RAM and CPU without paying extra or upgrading to a bigger and more expensive plan.
There is flexibility in the service that allows you to remove the extra power when it is no longer needed. This really benefits you if your site has seasonal or occasional spikes in traffic. So, if you are a travel agency, event organizer, or a conference center, this is the web host after your own heart.
Ditto if you run an eCommerce site that runs aggressive marketing campaigns, which leads to larger visitor traffics. This is an extremely empowering feature to have.
2. It offers statistics easily
You can access the statistics of your site – like RAM usage, running processes and CPU load – very easily. This allows you to get a clear picture of the performance of your site and whether you need to upgrade or downgrade. This also allows you to identify potential issues after you finish installing new updates as well as plugins on your site.
All statistical data is derived directly from the server and is extremely easy to read.
3. Powerful servers
The servers are powerful and potent.
4. The introductory prices are tempting
You can join the web hosting company with very low fees. This price goes up after the initial period is over, though .
5. Major perks
The web hosting platform comes with a ready-to-use Google Analytics and Mojo marketplace, which can add a lot of value to your WordPress site.
6. Free resources
If you are a new customer, you can claim $100 worth of Google analytics after spending $25 in Ad Words. This can give you decent exposure in the online stratosphere.
7. HostGator comes with a 45-day, a hundred percent, money back guarantee .
This is longer than the industry standard of 30 days.
==> Special Discount: Order Today With Best Price And Special Offers <==
8. Excellent for beginners
There are too many extra features on HostGator for beginners who are less tech-savvy. They have less of a hassle hiring other people to build and design their site. Gator by HostGator, the website builder, comes with free hosting and a domain name. This makes having an account so easy- all you have to do is purchase a single account.
The templates are customizable and all you have to is to drag and drop each feature.
Plus, you get site analytics and a free SSL certificate which helps safeguard your visitors’ personal data.
9. You also get flexible billing plans and periods such as monthly and yearly. The longer billing periods will fetch the largest discounts.
10. Free migration is offered by HostGator with all new accounts. So if you have an account with another web hoster, you can chill while the HostGator expert team will transfer your website from your previous host during the first 30 days of signing up. This is free of charge.
The Cons Of HostGator
1. The support team is sluggish. They take a long time to get back to you if you have a query or a technical issue.
2. The second most serious flaw of HostGator is that the HostGator site shows less than good results on the WebPage test. What this means is that user load can impact the performance of the web hoster.
Your site works very fast if the concurrent users are no more than 30. But, as soon as your user base becomes more than 30, the site becomes slow.
This essentially means that when you put your HostGator site under load, the server tends to crumble and the average response time can go up to the massive 7.9 seconds against a response time of 0.3-0.45 seconds, while your users were less than 30.
This is the biggest con of HostGator.
3. Sluggish account setup
You may have to wait more than 40 minutes for your service to become available even after paying up. Account setup takes a while and even if it is not a big deal breaker, but it is irritating.
The web hoster offers a variety of hosting plans.
You have the option of choosing from the following:
- Shared hosting – This is an excellent plan if you are planning to start a new website with low traffic. Your website will share resources with other websites hosted on that same server.
- VPS hosting or Virtual Private Server- This will allow you to manage your website on a cloud hosting platform. If your website has frequent traffic spikes, this is the plan for you.
- Dedicated servers- You get a server exclusive for hosting your website. You will have to maintain the server by yourself, though.
- WordPress hosting – This is a shared hosting plan that is designed only for WordPress. It protects your site against attacks and also optimizes performance.
- Cloud hosting – This type of hosting utilizes multiple servers. This plan is very popular. The HostGator Cloud hosting plans start at $4.95 and go up to $9.95/mo for the Business cloud plan.
The Final Verdict On HostGator
HostGator Cloud hosting is an impeccable choice, especially if you are a beginner blogger or webmaster. It has user-friendly features and is reliable and secure as it offers SiteLock monitoring to your site. This runs 24/7 looking for any potential website breaches or hacks and informs you instantly. There are a number of tutorials, walkthroughs, and other such features freely available to help you learn and navigate data centers and DNS.
The support could be better, but the HostGator Cloud infrastructure is very good and delivers excellent uptime. Finally, HostGator is a decent option for US-based websites with low to medium traffic.